Sometime it happens that you changed the permalinks of your blog posts and in this case you will be looser because the blog posts which you have changed the permalinks have already indexed by the search engines. So, whenever you changed the permalinks the visitors will enter into the 404 not found page when they referred by the search engines. And you also know that the search engines take time to update the post which they have already indexed. So, it harms you a lot because you loose those visitors. So, whats the solution? Let me share the solution when you changed the permalinks of your blog posts.
Permalink finder an awesome WordPress plugin which could save you from the loss when you changed the permalinks of your blog posts. In the period when I changed my blog posts permalinks I was upset when I realized the blog post I’ve made before and changed the permalinks have already indexed by the search engines and I’m loosing those visitors. So, after a long research I found the plugin named permalink finder which now saving me from the great visitor loss. So, if you have changed your blog posts permalink can try permalink finder plugin and can get rid of this great problem.
How Permalink Finder Plugin Works?
Permalink finder plugin works very intelligently when you made any change in the permalinks then generally the change may be a word change, some word missing and so on. So, the permalink finder plugin in such a way that it let you choose how you want to get the posts to redirect wit the changed one.
You can choose and select the settings from the plugin options. As I’m using this plugin in my blog, you can see the results in the screenshot below
Features of Permalink Finder
- It let you indicate how many words in the bad url must match a real permalink
- For instance, if the mistaken link is a-list-of-games this will find a post called list-of-games or games-list.
Matching any single word might redirect to a totally unrelated post, but if you ask for 4 matches you will never be able to fix links with only three words.
- Useful for people who have imported a Blogger.com FTP site into WordPress.
- f your have incoming links to index.html, index,htm, or index.shtml, then checking this will redirect any of these to your blog’s main page and not show a 404 page not found. Useful for websites that previously had an index page.
- Blogger.com uses the url /labels/ folder instead of categories. If you have imported your site from Blogger.com, you can check off this option to automatically redirect links from /labels/string to /category/string.
- It let you choose if you want to use common words such as “the”, “fix”, “why”, “could”, “not”, can screw up the accuracy of the search for the right slug.
- It let you choose if you want to use words that are one or two letters long can interfere with accuracy. By checking the option in permalink finder plugin, the search for a permalink will not use words like “a”, “an”,”to”,”I”,”it”, increasing accuracy.
- It let you choose if you want to use numbers in the permalink and the numbers can confuse the search for a permalink. the number 11 will find 911 and 2011, not just 11. Check this if you accuracy is being hurt by numbers.
Download Permalink Finder
So, if you are suffering from visitor loss after changing your blog posts permalinks then I would recommend you to use permalink finder plugin.
Incoming search terms:
- blog posts with Permalink (1)
- permalink finder (1)
- permalink finder wordpress (1)